Weber & Gasper Law Office is now accepting applications for a permanent, full time legal assistant. Position covers general reception duties as well as residential and commercial real estate transactions.
The successful candidate will present themselves in a professional manner and must be attentive to detail, adaptable, self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with clients, law firm staff and other professional colleagues. The successful candidate will work independently and must also possess strong organizational skills, the ability to learn quickly and have strong computer skills. Proofreading and mathematical skills are essential in this position. On the job training will be provided in specialized areas of commercial, residential, and agricultural real estate.
Employee will provide a variety of administrative and legal assistance, including but not limited to:
- Actively participate in the daily activities of a law firm and provide administrative support
- Reception relief coverage (telephone and data entry)
- Computer literacy is essential, candidate must have strong working knowledge of common computer programs (Windows, MS Office) and experience working with general office equipment
- File/ matter management: Opening and Closing Processes
- Documentation preparation (letters, memos, etc)
- Drafting documents in support of real estate and financing transactions (transfer authorizations, mortgages, and other security documents)
- Online filing with the Saskatchewan land registry and the Saskatchewan Personal Property Registry (Information Services Corporation)
- Effectively communicate with clients, lenders, mortgage brokers, realtors and other law firm personnel.
- Job task planning, organizing, multi-tasking, and prioritizing numerous tasks on multiple files at a time, often in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by management.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous administrative and clerical experience, and those possessing experience as a legal assistant, or with a Certificate or Diploma in office administration.
Wage commensurate with relevant education and/ or experience.
All applications will be held in confidence. Please provide your cover letter with your wage expectations and include the names of your references with your resume. References will not be contacted without your prior consent. All candidates must be available for work in Humboldt, Saskatchewan not later than May 17th.
**Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted**
Applications should be directed to: Weber & Gasper Law Office, attn: Tabbetha Gasper. Applications may be sent by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax (306)682-5538, or by mail: P.O. Box 1030, Humboldt, Saskatchewan, S0K 2A0