For Lawyers and Students
The Benchers have agreed to adopt a policy which will allow
articling on a part-time basis. As well, the Benchers agree
that the policy will extend to allow job sharing of an articling
position by two students. In such instances, the Benchers
will look favourably on applications by principals allowing such
arrangements for waivers of the rules which prohibit a principal
from taking more than one student.
The following requirements apply in part-time articling
- The articles must be completed within 24 months of
- The students must attend the Bar Admissions Course
- The students must indicate to the Law Society office which Bar
Admissions Course they will attend. In situations where the
course is offered in segments, all segments must be completed
within 12 months.
- Evidence of agreement of the principal to the proposed timing
schedule must be submitted to the Law Society office.
- The articles of clerkship must be amended to reflect the
part-time nature of the articles.