The information provided on this blog is to, the best of our knowledge, accurate and up-to-date as of the date of posting. However, please be aware that information can change rapidly and without notice. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information presented after the posting date. It is advised that readers exercise due diligence and independently verify the accuracy of information they find on this blog news feed. Here are links to the most current information available in relation to our Membership, Saskatchewan Case Law, and Saskatchewan Legislation.
The ADR Institute of Saskatchewan has received some inquiries about whether we are prepared to present our National Introductory Arbitration Course by video. As a result, we are calling for expressions of interest to determine if there is sufficient interest to proceed in this fashion.
The details for the course in our proposed new delivery method are below, and can be found on our website at www.adrsaskatchewan.ca on the Arbitration Course webpage. Given our current social / health guidance realities, an online videoconference delivery may be our only offering of the National Arbitration course this calendar year.
If we are to proceed:
1. The course will be delivered in fourteen sessions of three hours each with an additional one-half hour at the start of each session for participants to network. The course will run from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon each day, with the mandatory portion from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
2. The proposed dates in 2020 are:
July 13, 14, 15 and 16
July 20, 21, 22 and 23
August 5, 6 and 7
August 10, 11 and 12
3. The course involves attendance at all sessions as well as homework including writing draft award after Day 8 (July 23) as well as an exam award at the end of the course. Students have 30 days after the end of the course to complete the exam award which will be due September 11, 2020.
4. The course will be provided to minimum 12 participants.
5. The registration fee for members is $2,295.00 (plus applicable taxes).
6. The registration fee for non-members is $2,495.00 (plus applicable taxes).
Please indicate your interest in participating in an online course delivery in the method described above by sending your expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday June 7, 2020.
Should there be a sufficient response to this call for interest, we will establish a course registration page via our website and notify members and interested non-member participants by email letting them know course registration is open for subscription.